Contest open until Friday, July 31, 2020
All about blueTuesday, June 30, 2020
You are submitting a new repair request
I've forgotten my password
It's quick and easy to sign up
Complete the form below to create your account
Mandatory data for replying to your request.
We'd love to keep you up to date regarding news, offers and personalised updates from the community. All information on data processing, your rights, objection and analyses can be found here.
All members get access to exclusive benefits:
1. How to Enter
Only online entries through registration will be eligible. Enter from the Categories section. Anyone submitting an entry is asked to register a username.
2. Number of Entries
Each entrant may submit 1 photo entry for each category. Each image must be in JPEG or JPG format, and be 5 megabytes or smaller.
It is possible that registration and entry processing may slow down drastically during the final hours of the entry period due to a rush of last-minute entries. To avoid missing the deadline due to this possible slowdown, please complete registration and photo entry as early as possible. The contest organizator cannot provide assistance to those entrants whose entries did not get processed prior to the deadline due to system slowdown or error.
Anyone who registers to enter can participate.
5. How to View/Edit Your Entries
You cannot view photos you entered. You cannot cancel/replace entries, and edit photo titles/descriptions throughout the entry period.
8.1 Copyrights to Photo Entries
"Copyrights or ownership rights to any image submitted as an entry shall remain with the respective entrant. However, to the extent permitted by law, by submitting the entry the entrant grants Olympus the perpetual, royalty free, and irrevocable, worldwide rights to feature, display, post, copy, print, or otherwise use the submitted images in any of Olympus' websites, e-mails, catalogues, posters, magazine or newspaper articles, books, third-party websites, exhibitions, and any promotional material, globally, during the contest and for a period of three (3) years after the contest is over. French legislation is applicable to the treatment of copyrights to photo entries."
8.2 Privacy Notice
"Each entry including title and descriptions should not contain personally identifiable information about you or any other persons, excluding signatures and watermarks which are allowed in the photo.
Entrants' personal information will be appropriately handled in accordance with The Olympus Group Personal Information Protection Policy (Translation), which is posted on the Olympus Corporation website in English. Entrants will be regarded as having consented to the published terms and conditions when entering.
1. Photo entries are limited to those that have never been publicly displayed. Any photo available as stock photography is considered to be publicly displayed. Also, photos which have been awarded a prize in another contest or those which are currently entered in another contest are not eligible.
However, photos which an entrant has posted on his or her own website, blog, or social media for non-commercial purposes or those which have been submitted to an Olympus community site are eligible.
2. Photos are limited only, in its entirety, to a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant and to which he or she retains all copyrights. Any conflicts or dispute that result from featuring subjects for which the rights do not belong to the entrant must be settled by the entrant and Olympus Corporation will incur no liability whatsoever. If a violation of copyrights is identified, that entry will be disqualified. If a violation of copyrights is identified after winners are announced, the win may be revoked and the entrant will lose the right to claim a prize. Depending on the country in which a winner resides, the prize may have to be changed in case the prize does not meet local standards and regulations. If the subject of a photo is a person, permission must be received from that person (parent or guardian in the case of a minor) before the photo can be entered in the contest.
3. Anyone can enter, including professional photographers. However, minors under the age of 18 must receive permission from a parent or guardian (Olympus Corporation will recognize that permission has been granted by a parent or guardian upon receiving a registration request from a minor). For citizens residing in European Union countries, we can not accept participation by minors under 7.
4. There are no restrictions whatsoever on photographic equipment used to shoot photos to be entered. Any photographic device from a DSLR to smartphone may be used.
5. It is possible that registration and entry processing may slow down drastically during the final hours of the entry period due to a rush of last-minute entries. To avoid missing the deadline due to this possible slowdown, please complete registration and photo entry as early as possible. The Olympus Global Open Photo Contest Operations Team cannot provide assistance to those entrants whose entries did not get processed prior to the deadline due to system slowdown or error.
6. A photo may not be entered in multiple categories.
7. Olympus retains the right to not accept or publish any entries or comments that Olympus considers to be inappropriate for the contest, including, but not limited to, content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person. If it is determined that a photo or supporting text is inappropriate after the entry has won, Olympus retains the right to revoke the win.
8. Olympus employees and affiliates may not participate in the contest.
9. Photos that have been entered will appear on the photo contest website during and after the photo contest period (photos can not be removed from the website once the entry period is over) and may also appear in Olympus promotional material (please see Copyrights to Photo Entries). Olympus reserves the right to edit the photos as needed when used for promotional purposes."
Notification to Winners and Confirmation of Shipping Address for Prize
10. Winners will be contacted via e-mail to their registered e-mail addresses. The e-mail will contain items to confirm and fill out, and must be returned to Olympus by the specified date. If the winner does not agree with all of the terms or does not return e-mail by the specified date, they may be disqualified. Prizes will only be sent to the address of the winner. Any customs duties incurred by the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Olympus accepts no responsibility for loss of the prize during transit when outside of Olympus jurisdiction.
11. For winning entries that Olympus elects to display at photo exhibitions or for use in printed material related to the contest, Olympus may request higher resolution data or data without watermarks or credits (if present in the original entry) after the contest has ended.
12. Olympus may perform slight alteration or processing when publishing, displaying, or otherwise using award-winning entries.
9. Contest Administration
The contest is administered entirely by the Olympus & Arles Contest Operations Team.
If the Operations Team deems it necessary, it may take any necessary action to ensure fair administration of the contest.
In entering this photo contest, all entrants will comply with the Operation Team's administration methods and will make no claims whatsoever about such methods. Olympus assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any damage which may arise in keeping with participation in this contest.